Eliminate expensive compliance fees by producing 100% accurate barcodes, 100% of the time.
Perceptor PTXL is a software application that is installed on a networked Windows PC that is connected to a Printronix T8300 series printer with the ODV-2D option installed. Connection between the ODV-2D optical imaging head and the PC is via Ethernet. Label printing is via either local USB or LAN Ethernet. Label printing design and printing is managed using normal label design software products such as BarTender, NiceLabel or other established brands.
Building on the well-known pedigree and quality of the Printronix product line this system fully benefits from their unique print overstrike feature which pulls back, overstrikes and reprints any failures. Unique in its offering this is the first fully integrated compliant serialisation print quality verification system that can print and process inline.
Perceptor PTXL verifies and validates the correctness of labels. Each and every label printed is imaged and processed inline. As labels are printed Perceptor PTXL will receive an image of each and every label. Perceptor PTXL allows the user to specify which inspections are to be performed on which area of the label. If an inspection fails then the label is pulled back, made void by overprinting before reprinting and repeating the process.
The label result is only passed back to a database if the label passes ISO code verification, OCR verification, serial number validation and there are no unacceptable blemishes on the label.
COMBINING VERIFICATION WITH VALIDATION
The ODV-2D is the only product available that can verify and validate barcodes as they are printed. The data printed on the label is
validated to match the data sent from the host. The barcode image is verified to comply with the ISO standards.
- Validates full suite of ID & 2D barcodes with up to 50 barcodes per label
- Prints up to 8 ips with full validation, grading & compliance reporting
- Grades to ISO standards including Quiet Zone & Check Sum errors
- Full label back-up and overstrike
- Barcode “GPS” dynamically locates barcode, orientation & improved throughput
- Most affordable, fully integrated solution on the market
- Most extensive suite of printer emulations in the industry
- PrintNet Enterprise Auto ID provides global or enterprise wide network access, control, update and reporting
- Supports Ethernet or WiFi & includes 802.11ac for faster communication & improved range
- Extensive and scale-able security solutions
- Built on the proven design of the most robust Printronix Auto ID printer, the T8000
- Dual motor design for outstanding print quality & productivity
- Large 3.4” color display panel with intuitive menu and navigation keys
- Intelligent heat management for longer printhead life outstanding print quality even at top speeds
ODV-2D is the industry’s first affordable, fully integrated solution with the ability to print, verify and validate 1D and 2D barcodes.
Built on the robust T8000 printer platform, ODV-2D includes a built-in data validator that grades barcodes to ISO standards and stores a detailed report of each transaction. Our exclusive technology reads each barcode, over strikes the entire label of a rejected barcode, and reprints a new label.
TIRED OF REJECTED SHIPMENTS AND NON-COMPLIANCE FEES?
With a global increase in regulatory compliance standards and fines, it is more important than ever to ensure your products are
labeled correctly with accurate barcodes. ODV-2D addresses these requirements with the ability to validate and verify up to 50
barcodes per label INCLUDING 2D Barcodes.
The ODV-2D reads and grades every label based on ISO standards. When ODV-2D rejects a barcode, it strikes out the entire label
and reprints it without operator intervention. At the end of the day you can generate a report directly from the printer with data
on every label printed and graded. Archive that data and you’ll never pay compliance fees again!
MANAGE YOUR ENTIRE ENTERPRISE FROM A SINGLE LOCATION
Printronix AutoID Data Manager (part of the PrintNet Enterprise Suite) gives you the ability to dynamically record, archive and generate
reports of scanned barcode data for each printer. With the addition of our robust printer management tool, you can pull reports for your entire enterprise as well as monitor and configure printers from anywhere in the world. You can also designate events and be alerted to printer issues via email, pager or mobile phone alerts. PrintNet Enterprise is available at no charge with the purchase of an ODV-2D printer.
Printronix ODV-2D at a Glance….
- High performance ARM Cortex-A9
- Available in 203 DPI and 300 DPI
- Die-cast aluminum frame w/metal door
- Dual motor ribbon drive system* Transfer and direct printing
- 512MB RAM / 128MB Flash Memory* 4” model configuration
- 4-32 GB SD memory card capability
- Premium Asian and Andale font support
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- State-of-the-art WiFi connectivity
- Max. Print Speed: 8 IPS @ 203 DPI, 8 IPS @ 300 DPI
- Printing Methods: Thermal transfer or Direct thermal
- Resolution: 203/300 DPI
- Max. Print Width: 4.1” (104mm)
- Printer Memory: 512MB RAM / 128MB Flash
- Media Types: Roll or Fan-Fold Labels, Tags, Paper, Film, Tickets
- Media Width: 1.0” (25.4mm) to 4.5” (114.3mm)
- Min. Media Length: 0.25” / 1.0″ (Continuous/Tear-Off), .5″ (Peel-Off)
- Max. Media Length: Up to 99″
- Media Thickness: 2.5 Mil (0.0025″) to 10 Mil (0.010″)
- Roll Core Diameter: 1.5″ (37.5mm) to 3.0″ (76mm)
- Max. Media Roll Diameter: 8.0” (209mm)
- Media Sensing: Gap, Mark, Advanced Gap, Advanced Notc
- Ribbon Type: Wax, Wax/Resin, Resin
- Min. Ribbon Width: 1″ (25.4mm)
- Max. Ribbon Width: 4.5″ (114.3mm)
- Max. Ribbon Length: 625 Meters
- Width: 11.7″ (297.2mm) ]
- Height: 13″ (330.2mm)
- Depth: 22.1″ (561mm)
- Printer Weight: 37 lbs. (16.7Kg.)
- Shipping Weight: 46lbs. (20.8Kg.)
- IGP Languages: PGL/VGL/ZGL/TGL/IGL/DGL/IEGL/MGL
- Job Control Languages: PJL, XML, and PTX-SETUP
- Optional Languages: IPDS, TN5250/TN3270, PDF Level 1.7, Postscript Level 3
COMMUNICATION & CONNECTIVITY/INTERFACE
- Standard Interface I/O: Serial RS232, USB, and Ethernet 10/100Base T
- Optional Interface I/O: Parallel, WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n 2.4GHz), (802.11 a/n/ac 5GHz) GPIO
- WiFi Security Protocol: WEP 40/128bit, WPA Personal (PSK), WPA2 Personal (PSK) and Enterprise (AES CCMP), EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLs, PEAPv0/MS-CHAPv2, PEAPv1, EAP-MD5
- WiFi Security Protocol: WEP 40/128bit, WPA Personal (TKIP), WPA2 Personal (AES/CCMP), EAP-PEAP, EAP-TTLS, PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-TLS Security Certificates
MEDIA HANDLING MODES
- Standard: Continuous, Tear-Off Strip, Tear-Off
- Options: Peel-Off, Cut, and Rewind
- Barcode Type: 1D & 2D
- Read Technology: 5MP Camera
- Barcode GPS: Yes
- Max Barcodes per label: 50
- Overstrike Area: Full label
- Validate Min. X-Dimension: 10 mils
- Validate Max. X-Dimensions: 60 mils
- Barcode Orientation: 0°, 90°, 180°, 270°
- Barcode Grading: A, B, C, D, F
- Grading Report: Yes
- Validation Standard: Based on ISO/IEC 15415, 15416, 15426
- Enterprise Network Support: Yes w/PNE
- Direct Thermal w/o accessories: 23° to 104°F (-5 to 40°C)
- Thermal Transfer: 40° to 104°F (5 to 40°C)
- Operating Humidity: 20 – 85% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: 23 to 140°F (-5 to 60°C)
- Storage Humidity: 5 – 85% Non-Condensing
BARCODES SUPPORTED FOR VERIFICATION & VALIDATION
- 1D Barcodes: Code 39, Code 93, Interleave 2/5, Code128, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN UPC add-ons, Codabar
- 2D Barcodes: PDF-417, PDF-417 Truncated, PDF-417 Micro, DataMatrix, Datamatrix ECC 200, QR, Aztec
FONT, GRAPHIC SUPPORT
- Graphic Formats: PCX, TIFF, BMP, PNG
- Font Technologies: Intellifont, TrueType, Unicode
- Standard Fonts: OCRA, OCRB, Courier, Letter Gothic, CG Times, CG Triumvirate/Bold/Condensed
- Asian Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- Andale Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese
- PDF/ PostScript Level 3: 35 Fonts
News and Innovation
Work with us
Code Reading/ Verification
United Kingdom - United States - Ireland - Australia